Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Poem - Wispy Dreams

Wispy dreams float into my mind at night.
Half-asleep, I watch myself and smile.
I smile and awake, and think it's alright
I wonder if I should have slept awhile
Your voice is in my head, so loud and clear
In those dreams that I so want to live through
Your eyes look in my eyes, so near, so dear
So close on my skin, your touch, I feel you
So vividly I feel, I know, I cry
Lost times, lost friend, lost the one love of mine
Somewhere I'd lost you, and I don't know why
Someday, somewhere, somehow, it will be fine
The night is still and cold and dark and deep
Stay awake? or do I go back to sleep?




************************************

I woke up one early morning with tears on my face. This is the result of that dream - whatever it was. This material is copyrighted to me in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you thought of my efforts!